HEALTH ADVISORY FOR PARENTS
Due to sudden change of climate, Influenza A virus has spread in certain parts of Bangkok. We ask your cooperation to kindly continually remind your children to properly wash their hands to avoid the spread of virus. If signs and symptoms are visibly seen from your children, we advise that you consult medical attention.
What is Influenza A and how is this acquired?
Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. Type A flu <https://www.verywell.com/what-is-influenza-a-770484> is usually responsible for the majority of seasonal flu cases. It is found in humans and in animals. Influenza A is spread from person to person by people who are already infected. Touching objects the infected person has touched or even being in the same room as the person, especially if they are coughing or sneezing, is enough to become infected yourself.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Fever or feeling feverish/chills
3. Sore throat
4. Runny or stuffy nose
5. Muscle or body aches
7. Fatigue (tiredness)
8. Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults
How to avoid:
1. Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Stay home when you are sick.
3. Cover your mouth and nose.
4. Clean your hands or proper hand washing.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
6. Practice other good health habits and intake nutritional foods.
7. Have enough rest or sleep.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and partnership in the wellness of our students.