Grades 1 – 5
Welcome to RAIS Elementary School section!
The main objective of the elementary school is the continuous development of all aspects of the child: intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth.
Grades one through five in elementary school assures the strongest academic and social/emotional foundation. Every faculty member is a content specialist who is dedicated to encouraging a love of learning and to provide instruction in a caring and nurturing atmosphere.
While developing academic skills in writing, reading, problem-solving, research, and critical thinking, we also underscore the importance of character development. Character traits such as kindness, goodness, love, respect for differences, cooperation, leadership, and independence are achieved through all our curricular and co-curricular activities.
Technology is emphasized at every level of the curriculum, increasing learning opportunities.
In grade five, our faculty train students to work responsibly and independently so that they are ready to move up with confidence and appropriate skills crucial for the next higher step into the middle school.
ES At a Glance:
- The school day runs from 7:20 am – 2:40 pm (M-W) and 2:05 pm (Th-F)
- Flag Line Up begins 7:20 am every school day.
- Break time: 9:10-9:25 am
- Lunch time: 10:55-11:40 am
- Lunch is served daily for first and second graders at the dining hall.
- Grade three through five students have their lunch in the cafeteria.
- Elementary School Classes
- Science, Math, Social Studies, Bible, English Language Arts, Handwriting (G.1-4), Thai Language, Chinese, Physical Education, Art, Music, Computer