The RAIS Pathfinder and Adventurer program are dedicated to training the children in all the facets of true education. This includes instructions to develop their physical, mental, social, and spiritual wellbeing. The Pathfinder club is part of a worldwide organization under the leadership of the Seventh- Day Adventist Church.
The Pathfinder Club, being a church centered recreational cum spiritual program, had nurtured the children from grades 5 to 10 (ages 10-15 years old), offering action, adventure, group activities, and various other challenges that produce the virtues of team spirit and the inculcating of valuable life skills. The program is also integrated to the Bible subject and benefits the students to take up real life challenges.
The program provides an opportunity to take the children out of the classroom into the outdoor setting for adventure and fun. The highlight of the year for the Pathfinder activity is always a three-day long camping trip. The camping activities provides children with experience living in tents, facing challenging obstacles and cooking their own food for survival. We are hoping and planning to have a successful year ahead.
Alwyn Edwin Mark
Pathfinder Club Director
The RAIS Pathfinder Curriculum Components
THE LEVELS OF PATHFINDER PROGRAM
Little Lamb: Pre – Kindergarten (4 years old)
Eager: Beavers – Kindergarten (5 years old)
- Busy Bee: Be 6 years old or in Grade 1 (or its equivalent)
- Sunbeam: Be 7 years old or in Grade 2 (or its equivalent)
- Builder: Be 8 years old or in Grade 3 (or its equivalent)
- Helping Hand: Be 9 years old or in Grade 4 (or its equivalent)
- Friend: Be 10 years old or in Grade 5 (or its equivalent)
- Companion: Be 11 years old or in Grade 6 (or its equivalent)
- Explorer: Be 12 years old or in Grade 7 (or its equivalent)
- Ranger: Be 13 years old or in Grade 8 (or its equivalent)
- Voyager: Be 14 years old or in Grade 9 (or its equivalent)
- Guide: Be 15 years old or in Grade 10 (or its equivalent)
- Invested Masterguide: Be at least 16 years old or above.
- Counselor: must serve at least for a year as a counselor for the unit.
- Instructor: must serve at least a year as instructor, teaching the skills to the club members.
- Deputy Director: must serve at least a year as assistant (Deputy Director) to the club.
- Director: is able to finish all other levels and serves as the Chairman of the club.